- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Our client is the sector leader in the growing UK highways management and maintenance market.
The team in Winchester currently have an opportunity for a Project Engineer to assist with identification and design of Drainage Renewals and/or Improvement projects to programme/budget and assist the Senior Engineer or Team Leader in development of specific components of a project and efficient working of the team.
Roles & Responsibilities:
* Carry out investigations, inspections, surveys, studies and draft reports on identified problems and options for solution.
* Prepare specifications, schedules and drawings.
* Prepare calculations and designs in accordance with relevant standards, codes of Practice and DfT standards.
* Supervise the work of junior staff within the team and support their personal development.
* Liaise with other teams and other senior staff in co-ordination of works.
* Liaise with the Police, Local highway Authority, Statutory Undertakers and other bodies as required.
* Assist with project administration and control, including monitoring of costs and programme.
* Assist with the identification of programme delivery, resources and budgets.
* Ensure compliance with the Information Management System.
* Ensure compliance with relevant health and safety legislation, particularly the CDM Regulations and company CDM procedures.
* Comply with Health and Safety in the workplace, as set out in the Kier Health and Safety Policy and Procedures.
* Perform other duties as may from time to time be reasonably required.
Qualifications & Experience:
* Appropriate qualification in Civil Engineering.
* Typically 4+ years experience of working within a Civil Engineering design environment, preferably on a high speed Network.
* Computer literate with competent ability and knowledge of Microsoft Office. Experience in relevant packages; AutoCAD, MicroDrainage or GIS advantageous.
* Good communicator, both orally and in writing.
* Able to work with minimum supervision.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering
- Lack of diversity fuelling skills gap in engineering workforce
With 85% of businesses making new hires and/or up-skilling existing staff to take advantage of digital technologies and auto...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?