- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Electronic Design Engineer
BAE Systems are looking for two Electronic Design Engineers to join at either Cowes or Great Baddow on a contract basis.
Purpose of Role:
- The purpose of the role is to undertake design and design maintenance tasks for the electronic aspects of new and legacy products for the Radar group within Product and Training Services (P&TS).
Major Tasks and Activities:
- Design and development of electronic assemblies, from specification through to release into service.
- Translation of requirements into design detail.
- Component selection, schematic capture, and support to PCB layout.
- Specification of bespoke procured items.
- Interfacing with related disciplines including mechanical/thermal engineering, ILS, Safety, and Product Data Management.
- Verification of components and sub-systems using a combination of simulation, analysis, test, and assurance techniques.
- Maintenance of existing designs and implementation of technology insertion programmes
- Follow the engineering lifecycle.
- Contribute to progress and design reviews.
- Degree in Electronic Engineering.
- Previous experience of operating in a defence or high safety integrity environment.
- Experience of design techniques in the following areas:
- Digital control systems
- Analogue electronics
- Transmitter Systems
- Receiver Systems
- Experience of generating component level designs for introduction into volume production.
- Design proving, and defect resolution.
- Experience of real-time control systems and high speed communications
What we're looking for in you:
- You will have a clear and concise communicative skillset, an honest hardworking approach to everyday tasks and an approachable manner.
- You will be organised and have the ability to deliver designs to defined timescales.
- You will be a self-starter, able to identify tasks and execute them without direct supervision.
Roles be based from either Cowes or Great Baddow.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.