- Hiring hub
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Electro-Mechanical CAD Designer
Electro-Mechanical CAD Designer - Cowes - 6 months - £32.86p/hr LTD/UMB. PAYE rates also available on request
The successful applicant will take the Lead Design Engineers conceptual information and further develop it into a detailed design and data pack that is suitable for manufacture. They will then manage the engineering/manufacturing interface through the relevant manufacturing processes. This will include overseeing the various production/assembly practices associated with the manufacture of that equipment, identifying long-lead piece parts, working with the Manufacturing Technicians to consider manufacturing improvements and, where needed, to liaise with sub-contract manufacturers or suppliers. As the designs progress through the manufacturing, test, delivery and support lifecycle, the successful applicant will manage the Engineering Changes for their area of responsibility against a robust change management process.
- Mechanical or Electro-mechanical qualification to HNC level or equivalent.
- Proficient in the use of 2D and 3D CAD design/draughting tools, preferably Unigraphics NX 8.5 and NXIdeas.
- Experience of designing to meet Environmental requirements (EMC, Shock and Vibration) Experience of design for manufacture and design for maintainability practices.
- Experience of Concurrent Development practices. A good understanding of BS8888 Engineering Drawing standards (previously BS308).
- Competent with Microsoft Office applications
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.