- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Major Projects Team Leader - Town Planning
We are looking for an experienced interim Team Leader to manage and mentor a councils Major Projects team on a 4 month rolling contract. Experience in Major Projects is key.
- To lead a team of professional planning officers in the management of major development proposals to ensure the timely delivery of growth in the Borough.
- To ensure that the Council's ambitions for growth are effectively monitored, managed, delivered and reported to maintain an appropriate supply of land
- Delivery of an effective and appropriate service to all service users, fairly and without discrimination.
- Lead and manage a team of professional planning officers and support staff in accordance with adopted service standards and defined performance indicators, particularly ensuring that all qualitative and quantitative performance indicators relating to development management are met.
- Assist and, when applicable, deputise for the Group Leader Development Management including attending and leading Plans Committee as required
- Working under the direction of the Head of Planning and Regeneration ensure planning officers bring forward successful growth projects in managed environments including planning applications, planning performance agreements and project boards providing feedback to the Growth Support Manager as required.
- Working under the direction of the Head of Planning and Regeneration, work with the promoters of growth sites, specialists (including those from other internal service areas and external organisations as appropriate) to develop and implement innovative solutions to expedite the delivery of growth and maintain an appropriate supply of land
- Work positively with Senior Officers of the Council, external partners and developers regarding development possibilities on Council-owned and other land in the Borough
- Assist in the appointment of consultants to advise on a range of issues, including writing briefs, procurement, overseeing and directing their work, and monitoring and reviewing their performance.
- To manage all types of planning applications but with specific responsibility for major, complex and potentially controversial proposals
- Prepare planning appeal evidence and appear as an expert witness for the Council at all types of planning appeals, examinations in public, public inquiries and court hearings as required
- Liaise with and assist the planning enforcement team in the conduct of investigations and preparation of cases for enforcement action.
- To lead the personal development of team members by providing management, guidance and assistance as necessary and identify their training and development needs to ensure they have the skills needed to achieve agreed service related and corporate objectives.
- 11 Contribute to the continuous improvement in the delivery of customer satisfaction ensuring all work is carried out to meet agreed expectations for customer service and defined performance indicators.
If you are a contractor in the Town Planning industry and you are looking for your next opportunity and would like to discuss this role in more detail, please get in touch with Charlotte Pope at Matchtech on email@example.com
If you're a Planning Officer, however the role advertised isn't suitable, please click on the link to check out our latest vacancies in the town planning sector:
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.