- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Principal Engineer - Controls
Ricardo are recruiting within the Calibration and Control Team for a Principal Engineer - Controls, to lead and deliver on-going client projects and futher develop the capabilities of the team.
To lead technical teams and deliver client projects:
- Technical leadership for teams of engineers involved in development of control algorithms and systems on engine, hybrid, OBD and vehicle applications
- Interface directly with clients on technical issues
- Focus on delivery of projects on-time and on-budget
- Technical negotiations with clients and support of commercial discussions
- Driving the further introduction of quality procedures and validation processes
- Support of the sales teams in the development of market opportunities through client interaction, proposal support and roadmap development
- Promotion of capability throughout Ricardo's global customer base
- Drive the development of future products and services
Required Qualifications and Experience:
The successful applicant will have a sound automotive engineering background, and a number of years of experience in successfully delivering projects in a controls and electronic environment either in an OEM or Tier 1 capacity, including having lead teams of engineers:
- Minimum degree in an Engineering or Science related discipline (e.g. electrical and electronic engineering/mechanical engineering/physics/computer science/software engineering/maths/control engineering)
- Extensive technical experience in control systems for Engine, Aftertreatment, Hybrid vehicle or OBD systems projects, including demonstrated ability in leading teams in the delivery of projects
- Wide ranging knowledge of engines, aftertreatment, and electric and hybrid powertrain systems
- Analytical approach to developing controls algorithms in an automotive environment
- Fluent in model-based development languages, especially Matlab/Simulink
- Ability to train junior engineers and develop an effective team
- Drive and commitment to deliver technically challenging projects
- Commercial awareness for preparation of projects and proposal development
This is a permanent role, based in Shoreham.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering
- Lack of diversity fuelling skills gap in engineering workforce
With 85% of businesses making new hires and/or up-skilling existing staff to take advantage of digital technologies and auto...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?