- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Our client is seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their Rail Team in their head office to manage a number of business units supplying a Plant Hire service
This role will see the successful candidate provide a commercial service to those business units to ensure the Plant Business achieves its targets for revenue / profit / cost recovery whilst operating within the contracts and arrangements put in place securing the plant to work. Contracts will vary from £10k up to £5.0m and there are a fair number of contracts / proposals to prepare, negotiate and execute - amounting to up to £25m per annum.
You will be expected to showcase proven commercial skills as this is not a standalone role. Excellent attention to detail is paramount for this position - All contracts must be compliant. Once a month certain Commercial team members will meet with the MD of Rail which is extremely important within this position; they will present themselves well, be articulate and understand when to go into detail or summarise.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong proven Commercial background
- Positive Attitude - This is key to the performance of the successful candidate
- Excellent Work Ethic
- Attention to detail is paramount for this positions must get things right first time, no room for error
- Team Player - Integrate and Interact well with all team members through to stakeholders/customer
- Be flexible in approach
- Rail & or Plant experience would be extremely advantageous
The ideal candiate will also be able to spot opportunities for the business to successfully buy in new equipment, overseeing the entire process:
- See an opportunity to buy in own kit
- Create Business Case and secure funding
- Be a part of the procurement of new Equipment and holding equipment suppliers to account
- Contract with the customer to hire new plant out
- Report back on investment success
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Quantity Surveyor
- How to get a job in quantity surveying & move up the career ladder
Looking for the next step in your career as a quantity surveyor? Stuart Minchin, Director of Buildings at Matchtech, shares...
- Why the UK needs more construction workers
The UK is set to fall short on its target of building 300,000 new homes. Find out what this means for construction workers i...