- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Our Buckinghamshire based client is seeking a Quantity Surveyor to be responsible for performing all commercial routine activities within the Commercial Team.
The successful candidate will support a Senior Quantity Surveyor in performing all commercial activities according to health, safety, environment and quality culture. You will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing the reputation of of the business by encouraging and demonstrating their core values of integrity, collaboration and excellence.
- Assess subcontractors' payment applications and prepare payment certificates accordingly.
- Carry out site measurements or liaise with operations teams for assessing subcontractors' payment applications and final accounts.
- To make sure that liabilities are put on subcontractor payment management system as per subcontractors' application figures.
- To receive and regularly update the records as per subcontractor record sheets.
- To assist Senior Quantity Surveyor or project managers in preparing and reviewing target costs.
- To keep record of subcontractors' Early Warning Notices (EWNs).
- To keep record of subcontractors' Notification of Compensation Events (NCEs).
- To assess subcontractors' NCEs and update their accounts accordingly.
- To review and assess subcontractors' requisitions.
- To assist commercial team members in updating subcontract payment applications certified amount and liabilities figures on the master tracker.
- To assist Assistant Quantity Surveyors in subcontract management.
- To assist Assistant Quantity Surveyors in all contractual issues regarding subcontract management.
Education, skills and experience:
- An understanding of Civil engineering and Highways measurement principles and able to apply these to preparing Target Costs, Cost Plans, PIDs and Valuations: (Taking off from the drawings and preparing BOQs or Schedule of Activities as per requirement).
- Ability to engage and communicate with client, stakeholders, subcontractors and third parties.
- At least 4 years' experience in Construction performing commercial duties.
- A good understanding of NEC3 conditions of contract, particularly options A, B, C and E.
- Good time management and working to meet deadlines.
- A Good understanding of Health & Safety legislation and CDM Regulations 2015.
- Must be a degree qualified or equivalent in Quantity Surveying or Construction Management.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Quantity Surveyor
- How to get a job in quantity surveying & move up the career ladder
Looking for the next step in your career as a quantity surveyor? Stuart Minchin, Director of Buildings at Matchtech, shares...
- Why the UK needs more construction workers
The UK is set to fall short on its target of building 300,000 new homes. Find out what this means for construction workers i...