- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Lead Systems Engineer
This is the immediate requirement for a Lead Systems Engineer to join a sucessful Engineering company to work across the full Systems lifecyle. Technical Systems experience in Electronics or Software Systems.
Starting off there is the need for Lead Systems Engineers who will be required to support various projects ensuring that delivered systems meet customer and design requirements for function, performance and qualification in all its aspects. The position will involve working closely with and leading engineering teams, suppliers and customers to specify, document, and manage system and subsystem requirements and designs throughout the entire project life cycle.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in an engineering or engineering related discipline.
- Record of successful design, implementation and integration of either:
- Radar and Communication Electronic Support Measure (ESM) systems; - Electronic Attack / Counter Measures (EA/ECM) systems; - Direction Finding (DF) and geolocation systems; - EW command and control (C2) systems; and - Communications systems, including radio and satellite.
- Experience of formal user requirements capture, traceability and compliance management methodology and tool.
- Experience of IBM DOORS tool is desirable.
- Understanding and experience of the application of transversal engineering disciplines Environmental & EMC Qualification, Tempest, Safety, Security, Information Assurance, Human Factors, ARM&T).
Key Responsibility Areas
- Developing solution architectures for optimum cost effectiveness and SRD compliance.
- Establishing system level requirements and their subsequent derived requirements for flow down to the lower level subsystems.
- Leading technical interfaces with the customer as regards solution architecture, design and performance.
- Taking a lead role in main project engineering reviews and approval of engineering deliverable at each project decision milestone.
- Produce system architectures and derive requirements at all system and sub system levels.
- Assessing Solution architectures and technical choices in order to ensure the best trade-off between the requirements and solution consistent with schedule, cost, make-or-buy strategy.
- Support systems engineers in requirements capture and sub system design.
- Work with multiple stakeholders in finalising system level designs.
- Ensuring the solution architectural design satisfies the customer needs, and that the technical risks are identified and mitigated.
- Alerting and escalating technical issues as required.
- Analysis of the technical specification and source selection of subsystems/products to be outsourced taking into account make-or-buy policy & export restrictions.
- Experience in Defence Electronic Warfare (EW) systems, techniques and products
- Experience of delivering EW Systems Engineering activities on multiple applications/projects.
- Experience in Radar Systems
- Experience in military vehicles.
- Experience in UK MOD and other defence related areas.
All applicants need to be able to obtain Security Clearance.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.