- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Flight Physics Enigneer
I am currently recruiting for a Flight Physics Engineer to work at a client in Bristol.
They are embarking on an exciting new chapter in the development of a Personal Electric Aircraft; having pushed beyond the concept stage, they are now moving into the development and certification of a production prototype.
This role will focus primarily around generation of aerodynamic, loads and performance data to support vehicle design, and to influence aircraft configuration and sizing.
Your duties will be wide ranging and varied and will include:
- Use appropriate combinations of hand calculations, computational modelling and experimental results to generate design data
- Develop and validate methods and tools to enable rapid turnaround of analyses
- Work with the team to interpret aerodynamic calculations and provide
- Load cases for structural design;
- Data on vehicle performance, stability and control;
- Recommendations for how designs should evolve
- Flight loads
- Aircraft performance and flying qualities
- Aircraft layout and sizing
- Prepare specifications for physical tests, support the testing and interpret the results
- Assist with the build and fault-finding of the project
Essential Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Masters degree in aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering or equivalent
- At least 3 years experience of applied aerodynamics / flight dynamics in an industrial environment
- A willingness to adapt in the fast-paced environment of a small, energetic start-up company
- The ability to communicate clearly, at an effective level of detail, with a variety of stakeholders
- Proactive at managing workload and solving problems, but seeks guidance when needed
Preferred Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Experience with CFD methods for external aerodynamics and software, particularly ANSYS
- Competent user of Matlab/Simulink
- Previous experience of aerodynamic load case definition and data generation
- Previous experience with experimental aerodynamics
- Knowledge and practical experience in any of the following disciplines:
- Knowledge and experience working with aircraft type certification standards
- Be a member of a relevant professional engineering institution and hold Chartered Engineer status (or be actively working towards it)
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.