- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Highway Engineer
With a number of significant and exciting development sites underway the client is looking an individual who has experience of running a small design team to deliver projects to programme.
They will need some project management experience and management experience. They will also need significant experience in highway design as they will be responsible for checking and approving designs.
With a number of significant and exciting development sites underway throughout the borough, Bedford Borough Council is looking for an experienced highway engineer to assist in the delivery of several key projects to support the busy in house engineering team.
The applicant will be able to demonstrate:
- Significant experience in highway engineering, particularly urban junction design including design of roundabouts and traffic signal controlled junctions;
- Excellent understanding of Manual for Streets, DMRB, other national standards, best practice guidance, local standards etc.;
- Excellent understanding of the CDM regulations and their relevance to highway design;
- Excellent understanding of the risks associated with projects and effective ways to manage and mitigate risks.
- Knowledge and Experience in value engineering projects to achieve cost or time savings
- Ability to work to challenging and changing deadlines and workloads;
- Ability to work in a commercial and customer focussed way which achieves programmes, meets performance targets, generates and income for the engineering team and meets the council's corporate objectives.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.