- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Hardware Engineer
Senior Hardware Engineer with a leading Secure Communications Company; there are fantastic opportunities to progress into leadership and multiple exciting digital hardware projects on the horizon. SC clearance eligibility essential.
This opportunity is for a Senior Hardware Engineer to join a growing multidisciplinary team working on the next generation of secure communication systems via satellite. It is a fantastic opportunity to progress into a leadership role, at an exciting time of expansion for the business.
- Understanding of electronic design fundamentals, high speed digital design and signal integrity
- Proven track record of digital circuit development, including but not limited to, Microprocessor/FPGA based systems and Power Supplies
- Full product life cycle development experience
- Ability to design and make prototype boards and cables
- Design for Test (DFT) and Design for Manufacture (DFM) methodologies and techniques
- Familiarity with product certification, regulatory compliance and volume manufacturing
- Proficient with industry standard CAD toolsets (e.g. Cadence or Mentor Schematic & Layout Tools)
Experience of one (or more) of the following is desirable:
- Design for Security/Encryption technologies
- Experience working with Mechanical Engineers
- Design to meet military design and environmental guidelines
- Familiarity with DOORS/FPGA Coding and Toolsets (VHDL, Verilog)
- Experience of design and qualification for harsh/rugged environments (e.g. airborne)
Willingness to travel is essential, to support 3rd party manufacturing services and various external test house sites.
Due to the nature of the role, candidates must be capable of obtaining security clearance to work on UK Government projects.
If you would like to know more about the position, please get in touch:
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.