- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Technical Lead - Research and Development Engineering
An exciting opportunity has arisen in fast pased and contantly developing position for a technical lead support product development activities within a cutting edge Robotics Engineering team.
This is position is for a research and development engineer who likes to work on a variety of new challenges. This Engineer will be responsible for building the engineering capabilities that support an entire product development department. Your skills will ensure we have the engineering skills required to continue meet the high quality and reliability required by truly large scale automation in a fast paced 24 /7 complex production environment.
Roles & Responsibilities
In this position you will be responsible for:
- Keeping abreast of latest technology and processes
- Vetting and selecting suitable suppliers and partners capable of supporting the delivery of innovative system, technology and processes.
- Managing external suppliers to deliver outsourced work packages
- Providing management team and project teams with real data to inform technical and ultimately commercial decisions
- Reviewing technical proposals and make recommendations on how to proceed
- Driving innovation and generate intellectual property in relevant technology areas
- Creating and communicating clear work packs including timeline, stage gates, resource requirements and progress to key stakeholders
- You will work as a consultants on projects that vary in scale from small proof of concept studies to longer term 12 month technology evaluation projects
- You will be asked to
- Build up your expertise in engineering fields that are new to the business
- Solve a specific technical issue
- Provide data to support a project decision
- Provide data to validate a system
- Provide technical support for technology evaluation and selection
- You will be required to build expertise in critical areas of technology
- You may be asked to recommend new technologies , processes or systems that should be evaluated or adopted into the portfolio of products and systems
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
We are looking for someone with:
- A background in engineering, physics or science
- A strong technical background with a proven track record in complex problem solving and technology evaluation
- Multi skill technical expert
- Experience of any of the following would be an advantage; systems engineering , Electrical and Controls engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Safety systems and Ce marking , Robotics, machine vision, motion control, materials science
- Self-motivated, team player, flexible and willing to learn
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective communicator to technical, non-technical and senior management audience
- Able to provide clear and concise documentation to report results and progress
- Passion for investigation and problem solving
- Driven to get into the detail to get the right data
- Project management and organisational skills
- Able to define work package content, stage gated programs and resource requirements
- Able to deliver work packages to time and resource budgets
- Effective stakeholder manager
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.