- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Technical Author - Electronics
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Technical Author to work on a range of electronic and electro-mechanical projects for an industry leading client, working at the cutting edge of Robotic and Automated Systems.
This opportunity is for an Technical Author with a background in Electronics Engineering to work across the different Research and Development Teams on Complex Electronic Systems at the Welwyn Garden City site.
The Technical Author Position gives the chance to drive quality design documentation that will lend to a consistent design process.
From a technical perspective, a background in Electronics, Hardware Design, Robotics, Automated Machinery, Mechanical Engineering or Electro-Mechanical Engineering is ideal.
- Plan, develop, organise, write and edit requirements document, technical specifications, operational procedures and manuals, in conjunction with relevant engineers.
- Research, develop and document technical design specifications.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation.
- Standardise documents to maintain continuity of style of content
- Update and maintain revisions to technical literature
- Attend project planning meetings
- Collaborate with systems engineering, automation controls and design team to derive and clarify technical requirements and clarify technical issues
- Understanding the technology and applications for which documentation is to be prepared; gathering and analysing the information needs of the user
- Experience in technical writing for complex systems and modules.
- Demonstrate by portfolio skills in articulating concepts; planning and organisation; teamwork; knowledge of software and computers; attention to detail; multitasking.
- Must demonstrate examples of delivering documents such as technical requirements, Functional design specifications, Interface control documents (ICD), Operator Manuals, Installation and Service Manuals.
- Experience of working with Requirements management systems
If you would like to know more about the position, please get in touch.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.