- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Our client is seeking a Highway Operative to undertake all aspects of highways maintenance but also will be involved in the winter maintenance service, incident and emergency response and general maintenance duties.
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities.
- Working as part of a gang to deliver highway maintenance and construction activities.
- Take responsibility for the safety of yourself and others within your team to ensure compliance with relevant health and safety legislation and safe operation to protect members of the public.
- Drive / operate vehicles / plant requiring both general and specialist skills.
- To keep records and to complete necessary paperwork.
- Undertake out of hours emergency call out and standby.
- Delivery of Winter Service, including out of hours.
- Maintain high technical standards.
- Highways maintenance experience.
- Self-motivated and reliable.
- Practical skills.
- Team player.
- Problem solving skills.
- Pro-active in terms of delivering solutions.
- Good communication skills.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Streetworks qualification.
- HGV licence.
- Winter Service ticket.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Highway Maintenance
- 5 qualities that make a great highway engineer
What do the best highway engineers have in common? Joe Wilson, Department Manager of Highways at Matchtech, shares the top q...