- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Verification, Validation and Test Technician
Our client are a leading manufacturer of electronic warfare (EW) systems. They currently have an exciting requirement for an electronics test engineer to join them in a V,V&T role.
As part of the Electronic Warfare Division a VV&T (Verification, Validation & Test) Technician is required. The types of testing you will be involved with are:
- Functional test; to verify correct operation, enabling acceptance, e.g FAT.
- Non-functional; e.g. performance, edge cases, load & stress, reliability, usability.
- Qualification test; to satisfy regulatory needs, e.g. safety, EMC, climatic etc. often using external facilities.
- Re-test and regression test; to ensure on-going quality, e.g. during bug-fix or enhancement activities.
You will also be involved with;
- Creation and execution of tests on demand and from analysis, requirements and existing procedures.
- Development of test plans for projects and products; defining phases, events, objectives, resource needs and process adherence in line with overarching project and system engineering management plans.
- Development of test strategies for projects, products and product families; defining test requirements and objectives and groupings..
- Development of test procedures vs. plans and strategies; designed to be adaptable, for automation, repeatability and re-use.
- Consistent, methodical and traceable record of plans, strategies, procedures, results and metrics, e.g. resources needed, time taken.
Required skills and experience;
- Ability to fault find complex system issues to module level
- RF electrical measurement; Frequency, noise, power, spectrum; e.g. Agilent, Rhode & Schwartz etc.
- Desire to own and improve, module and systems verification and automation for existing and new systems
- Networking; Serial, Ethernet, WiFi, IPv4, IPv6, IPsec, VLAN, TCP, UDP, SSL/TLS, SNMP, SSH.
- Scripting & test automation; TestStand, LabView, Python, shell scripts
- Systems & equipment; Windows & Linux based
- Test qualifications, e.g. IQSTB Foundation though to Advanced Level etc
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering
- Lack of diversity fuelling skills gap in engineering workforce
With 85% of businesses making new hires and/or up-skilling existing staff to take advantage of digital technologies and auto...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?