- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Manufacturing (TVM) Engineer
An experienced value management (TVM) Engineer is required to work for a large Automotive manufacturer in the West Midlands.
A TVM Engineer is required to co-ordinate cross- functional teams to identify / develop and deliver material cost reduction actions with minimum supervision, ensuring all areas of the business are fully integrated with the change.
- You will lead the development of engineering and purchasing actions, in conjunction with our suppliers, with the specific aim of reducing the cost of components / assemblies, whilst ensuring cost reduction actions progress to plan.
- You will need to liaise with Plant Logistics and Manufacturing to ensure TVM actions are promptly timed and implemented with minimal effect to production.
- You will support and coordinate the Matched Pair teams in the delivery of strategy planning (SCD and CBP Process) to the agreed annual refresh schedule, having the skill for managing complex diaries, tight time scales and relationship building with key stakeholders at all levels within the business.
- Proven project management skills, including support for product development and purchasing projects.
- Ability to build relationships and communicate effectively with colleagues to leverage knowledge and experience.
- Tenacity and steadfastness to follow through and complete delivery, using initiative to find solutions.
- Project management of teams in improving value and cost for a range of commodities.
- Familiarity with change management and new product introduction processes.
- Holding a high level of data analysis and interpretation.
- Good business acumen and knowledge of finance analysis.
- Experience of cost reduction initiatives, tools and techniques.
- A good general knowledge of vehicle component design and or manufacture.
- HND or Degree
- Practical experience of deploying Value Analysis/Value Engineering toolsets.
- Facilitation of Design and Non Design idea generation events and generation of specific commodity cost gap analysis.
- Management of purchasing databases to support the update of purchase performance systems.
- Development of engineering solutions with the specific aim of reducing the cost of the component / assembly.
- Able to develop project business cases with P.D. / Purchase / Programme / Finance and manage through to funding approval.
- Conducting supplier based workshops and design ideas generation events to generate cost and revenue opportunities.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Automotive
- Why the automotive industry needs more electrical engineers
As the focus of automotive companies turns towards the production of electric vehicles, the demand for electrical engineers...