- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Mechanical Design engineer required for Defence client in Essex
Our client are looking for a high calibre Senior Mechanical Engineer at their Land and Naval offices in Basildon
The role will be to design and develop new products within the Land and Naval portfolio, this includes Camera, Laser, lens and mechanisms design, mounted on various platforms, Vehicle Installation designs and ECM/EW products.
The successful candidate will perform mechanical engineering design in a professional manner, and provide technical engineering knowledge and solutions to Engineers.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
* Mechanical Engineering design and development - process of delivering products and associated key milestones.
* Problem solving and simultaneous engineering - structured, logical approach to investigate issues and problems in an effective cross-functional manner.
* Mechanical engineering detailed design - first-hand experience of engineering design, numerical calculations, tolerance studies, etc.
Our client is looking for someone who has a Technical (MEng in Mechanical Engineering) or Science degree preferably with previous experience working within a similar field.
The role would suit an innovative Mechanical Engineer with proven product design experience who is able to identify sound and new engineering solutions which offer improved performance in compact, lightweight, rugged functional design and develop them from concept through prototyping to production.
'Hands-on' Mechanical Design experience using 3D CAD software (PTC Creo) is required as well as the ability to optimised engineering solutions.
The successful candidate must have the ability to achieve MOD security clearance.
This position is initially for 6 months but could last longer depending on project demands
Up to £33.00 per hour (PAYE) or £43.48 per hour (LTD) depending on suitability
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Design Engineer
- Wylfa Newydd power station to create thousands of new jobs
What job opportunities could the Wylfa Newydd nuclear plant offer engineers?
- Rail jobs on the rise for engineers considering working on HS2
The new vision for a £286m revamp of Birmingham International station has been unveiled and it promises thousands of job opp...