- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Senior Planning Officer (Development Management)
Permanent opportunity to join our local authority client in Northamptonshire as a Senior Planning Officer in their Development Management Team.
As the successful Senior Planning Officer, your role will be to provide an effective Development Management Advisory service relating to the determination of planning applications, pre-application advice, appeals and enforcement. Additionally you will have an RTPI accredited degree and be eligible for membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute.
In the position of Senior Planning Officer your duties and responsibilities shall include:
- Handling, evaluating, negotiating and making decisions on recommendations for planning applications and enforcement matters to ensure development is in accordance with statutory requirements and Council policy
- Negotiations on Section 106 agreements and calculation and administration of CIL payments on eligible applications.
- Providing professional advice (written and verbal) to applicants/the public in line with the Council's pre applications advice protocol.
- Advising Councillors, Parish Councils, the public, community groups and external professionals in respect of development control and environmental planning matters
- Occasional attendance at Planning Committee or Parish Council Meetings.
- Preparation of planning appeal statements/proofs of evidence in accordance with the National Planning Policy Framework, the Development Plan, guidance and policy, with strict time limits. Representing the Council at appeal site visits, informal hearings and public inquiries as a professional witness.
- Assisting within the management of enforcement of planning control and monitoring of planning conditions and planning obligations.
To discuss this opportunity, the flexibility and benefits on offer please call Michael Mustoe on 01489 898854. To apply send your CV to email@example.com
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.