- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Are you looking for a new permanent position as a Project Director, and are willing to work on various projects across the UK? I'm working with a busy client who would like 2 permanent staff members to start work on some exciting schemes.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall leadership, direction, management and execution of multi-disciplinary Infrastructure projects across the UK. Schemes must be delivered to the appropriate Health & Safety Standards. The successful candidate will in in charge of the timing, cost and quality targets and will be able to provide strategic planning, leadership and support to project operations.
- Oversee the successful delivery of projects to scope, target cost, quality, programme and completion encompassing design, engineering, construction, handover and commercial aspects
- Implement a full risk and value engineering management process where all risks and cost savings opportunities are identified and actioned
- Ensure that project imperatives are clearly communicated and understood throughout the project and to others, as appropriate
- Provide direction, motivation and leadership to internal and Joint Venture staff and external consultants or contractors engaged in providing technical support activities to the project
The successful candidate will be willing to work in a variety of locations across the UK and Ireland
If you wish to apply the following is the essential criteria.
- Proven track record of leading and delivering large and complex transportation infrastructure projects Experience on projects covering multiple site construction works and requiring the integration of several technical discipline
- Proven ability to lead and manage a multi-disciplinary tender, design and Construction team operating within a matrix organisation
- Experience of managing and motivating large project teams in demanding regional environments
- Directive leadership to assure business results are achieved
- Accountability for results
- Experience in tenders /bid-management
- Experience in Design Management
- Advise the project management team on project planning activities and initiatives and present recommendations and project delivery status updates to key customers and stakeholders
- Prepare financial spreadsheets, summarise information and communicate results to key customers and stakeholders
- Lead, review and challenge project budgets and forecast to ensure a consistent, challenging but deliverable approach is adopted
- Deliver all projects demonstrating a thorough understanding of associated processes and technology
- Develop and manage key customer relationships, through regular reviews of contract performance with customers, understanding and managing needs and gaps
- Proactively deliver a quality installation to the satisfaction of our customers
- Implement the appropriate management, monitoring and control mechanisms, policies and procedures to ensure compliance and adherence to statutory and legal requirements and manage the projects risks and opportunities in line with company procedures
- Be accountable for high levels of performance in key areas of health and safety, environment, sustainability and quality and champion continuous improvement and best value, ensuring compliance with the quality systems
- Actively seek out, drive and promote service excellence, best practice and continuous improvement initiatives
- Manage the appropriate costs within the contracts, ensuring maximum utilisation of resources
- Ensure appropriate allocation of other (non-staffing) resources
- Coach and motivate the project team and lead by example
- Ensure inadequate team performance is recognised and handled appropriate
- Improve and develop mutual supplier relationships
- Continually review suppliers performance and share information
- Ensure all services and installations are designed, built and certified to the required standards and that all functions are carried out in appropriate manner
- Ensure that project costs are rigorously managed and expenditure is recorded accurately at all times
- Review and approve project management plans, health and safety plans, environmental work package plans (WPPs), and safe method of work plans (SMOWS)
- Work with the business unit senior management team to deliver annual business plan objectives, plans and budgets that meet Colas budgets and targets
- Implement the business plan for Highways projects, managing and reviewing performance of contracts against financial and operational targets
- Seek opportunities for business growth both within and outside the existing contract base
- Support bid development as required including planning bid strategy, resourcing optimal skills sets, overseeing solution development and planning, leading negotiations and tenders
- Ensure efficient management of the Company's resources; employees, suppliers and subcontractors
- Have a collaborative and "can-do" approach
- Ensure that feedback is provided to the Pre-Contract team on tender
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.