- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Civil Engineer (Rivers & Coastal)
Our client a large multi-national engineering consultancy are looking for a Civil Engineer to join their River, Coastal and Maritime engineering practice initially on a 6 month contract basis.
If you are a skilled engineer - river, maritime, civil, infrastructure or structural - you will have the chance to apply your skills in the delivery of heavy civil engineering, river engineering and maritime works including condition assessment, refurbishment and new build throughout the UK and overseas.
- Civil Engineer with strengths in water-related civils, river or maritime engineering.
- Possess a degree in Civil and/or Maritime Engineering (MEng level in an associated subject being advantageous).
- Experience in engineering design, contract documentation and preferably in construction supervision.
- Ability to demonstrate a proven track record of working collaboratively in teams and with other disciplines in delivering wet infrastructure or maritime projects.
- Working familiarity with relevant technical codes of practice and industry standards is essential; from initial planning through to construction management, and the relevant consents and approvals processes.
- Strong written and verbal skills when communicating with stakeholders including technical and non-technical parties are essential.
- Have a valid UK driving licence, be available to travel across UK and occasionally overseas.
- Delivering river and/or maritime engineering project designs from inception to handover, on budget and to deadlines.
- Preparation of calculations and project documents (specification, reports, technical notes etc).
- Assist in the preparation of bids to commercial and competitive standards for the future success of the business.
- To maintain excellent professional relationships which can lead to secure repeat business.
- Take ownership for the quality of project work to meet agreed standards and specifications.
- Working with supplier resources to deliver projects to time, quality and budget.
- Liaise with and support others across the wider UK home and international markets.
- Highly flexible and self-motivated towards improving team and personal performance.
- Able to generate innovative solutions to challenges.
- Skilled at collaborative working, have good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively.
- Good understanding of relevant technical codes of practice and industry standards
- Customer focused and a high level of relationship management skills
- Good reputation and excellent technical performance in challenging environments.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.