- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Systems Engineer
Our cleint are a leading defence technology business seeking an expeirence senior level systems engineer to jpin them, in their enfield head offices.
SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER ROLE;
- Definition and delivery of Systems solutions for the Security business.
- Technical support to Sales and Marketing including generating information to support bids, technical presentations to customers, generation of product specifications and attendance at customer meetings.
- Provide technical design solutions to support proposed system changes and bids ensuring appropriate compliance with customer, business and legislative requirements including safety.
- Adopt a consistent approach to systems engineering activities throughout the design life cycle.
- Take an active involvement in new product design, providing system level input from product definition through to release into production
- Maintain and support legacy/delivered systems including visits to customer sites and installations where necessary.
- Monitor and, where possible, introduce up to date technology into system designs.
- Travel within the UK and overseas is required, and is considered a frequent feature of this role. This could be required at short notice. It may also involve deployments of up to 6 weeks at a time.
- Promote the business in the field of Systems Engineering through attendance at conferences and seminars and where appropriate, through the presentation and publication of technical papers
- Any other tasks associated with this role.
- Degree level qualification in Engineering / Mathematics / Science subject (or equivalent relevant experience)
- Extensive knowledge of product development, engineering change management, systems engineering and quality systems and their practical application.
- Knowledge of radar, communications or electro-optic systems desirable.
- Proven experience of integration and demonstration of equipment and subsequent acceptance by customer / end users
- Proven experience of sensor integration into varied platforms
- Proven technical skills, relating to effective systems engineering, practical application of quality assurance and configuration control, as well as appropriate document generation.
- Sound commercial/business awareness.
- Sound inter-personal skills.
- Computer literacy, including CAD applications.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.