- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Systems Engineer
A leading defence technology business seeking an experienced senior level systems engineer to join them, in their Enfield head offices.
An exciting opportunity for an experienced systems engineer to join one of the defence industries fastest growing brands. You will be involved int he development of cutting edge and market leading surveillance and security systems centred around electro-optic and radar sensor systems.
- Definition and delivery of Systems solutions.
- Take an active involvement in new product design, providing system level input from product definition through to release into production
- Monitor and, where possible, introduce up to date technology into system designs.
- Maintain and support legacy/delivered systems including visits to customer sites and installations where necessary.
- Technical support to Sales and Marketing including generating information to support bids, technical presentations to customers, generation of product specifications and attendance at customer meetings.
- Provide technical design solutions to support proposed system changes and bids ensuring appropriate compliance with customer, business and legislative requirements including safety.
- Promote the business in the field of Systems Engineering through attendance at conferences and seminars and where appropriate, through the presentation and publication of technical papers
- Degree level qualification in Engineering / Mathematics / Science subject (or equivalent relevant experience)
- Extensive knowledge of product development, engineering change management, systems engineering and quality systems and their practical application.
- Proven experience of integration and demonstration of equipment and subsequent acceptance by customer / end users
- Proven experience of sensor integration into varied platforms
- Proven technical skills, relating to effective systems engineering, practical application of quality assurance and configuration control, as well as appropriate document generation.
- Knowledge of radar, communications or electro-optic systems desirable.
Travel within the UK and overseas is required. This could be required at short notice and could involve deployments of up to 6 weeks at a time.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.