- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
WSP have an opportunity for an experienced Highway Inspector in their Docklands office.
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services firms providing technical, managerial and commercial consultancy to the built and natural environment. We're dedicated to the communities where we live and work in the UK and propelled by international brainpower. We believe that a blend of empowerment and responsibility results in outstanding achievements, as you progress along a flexible career path. Maybe you want to use your technical abilities to offer clients clever, imaginative, commercial solutions, or take the lead and bring a client's vision to reality within time and cost aspirations. Whatever route you take, we hold all of our colleagues to the same above-average standards, while providing them with the tools, training and support they need to craft their own journeys.
Check out www.wsp.com for more about what we do
- Inspection of highway infrastructure (walked detailed, safety and general inspections of carriageways drainage and street furniture).
- NRSWA including Section 81 defects.
- Collection of inventory updates and recording.
- Preparation of reports, including CAT 1, logging defects in a computer based record system.
- Assessment and ordering remedial works using computerised ordering system.
- Assessment, programming and supervision of routine and cyclic maintenance works.
- Day and/or Night time inspections of infrastructure and contractors work.
- Checking and monitoring of stock levels
- Quality management, application and monitoring of the quality system.
- Health & safety, application, control and monitoring of safety management systems.
- Liaison with emergency services, Transport for London, local highway authorities and, as instructed by the Client, members of the public on operational matters to include duty call out and winter management duties (October - March).
- Supervision, monitoring and management of contractors.
- Night time lamp scouts and reporting.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.