- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Highway Project Engineer
Our client is seeking two Project Engineers to join their team in Buckinghamshire to be responsible together with the Project Manager, primarily for delivery of an annual programme of capital works.
The work will include major schemes, safety improvements, Intelligent Traffic Systems, parking, traffic calming, footways, cycleways, pedestrian crossings, drainage, safety barriers, highway signs, road markings, road studs and Traffic Regulation Orders.
The successful candidate will be required to develop, plan, design and manage the delivery of maintenance/improvement projects to meet organisational and customer / stakeholder requirements, working in conjunction with other staff within their team.
You will ensure that projects are developed and delivered on time, at the required quality and to budget, together with delivery of the communication and consultation requirements of the scheme. Your responsibilities will include:
- To work with Local Area Technicians (LATs) and Area Managers to ensure all works take account of their local knowledge and they are fully informed with regard to the progress of schemes.
- Ensure all necessary quality management and health and safety documentation is prepared and adhered to, including compliance with CDM requirements.
- Ensure that the identification and rectification of defects are proactively managed within the agreed defects correction periods.
- Preparation for and attendance at the monthly TOM meetings to present the monthly performance, financial status and programme update.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- HNC educated or equivalent experience
- Degree or equivalent qualification in civil engineering, structural engineering or other relevant subject
- Relevant professional / vocational qualification
- Experienced engineer with a good understanding of design and construction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, to manage a range of complex activities and to achieve given targets and objectives
- Excellent time management skills to manage a complex workload prioritise and set deadlines and cope with changing demands.
- Full driving licence
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.