- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Our leading client is seeking an experienced Risk Manager to be part of their design and project delivery team working on rail related projects.
Main Job purpose:
- Demonstrate effectiveness of the risk management process and integrate with other project management and control disciplines.
- Manage and maintain the capture of risk within the project and develop a comprehensive risk register.
- Provide support to the Service Capability Leader for Risk Management in development of risk management service capability.
- Manage and deliver project or programme controls work by delivering risk management activities to identify, evaluate, mitigate and report on threats and opportunities to our clients within capital projects, whilst meeting defined objectives within time and cost parameters.
- Deliver scope of work in line with budgetary, compliance, regulatory and planning controls.
Day-to-day task and responsibilities:
- Delivery of risk management services to clients in compliance with client governance, processes and objectives.
- Facilitation of workshops in a client environment, using advanced methods for risk, value and lessons learnt processes.
- Undertaking day-to-day risk management activities including identification, prioritisation, register management, action planning and monitoring.
- Production of periodic risk reporting including profiled risk expenditure, impacted risk / drawdown and risk exposure changes.
- Developing and undertaking advanced Quantitative Risk Analysis including Cost, Schedule and integrated Cost and Schedule analyses, to enable robust forecasting and tracking of risk exposure.
- Use knowledge and experience to ensure identification and management of all significant risks to achievement of project objectives.
- Development and implementation of project risk management plans.
- Delivery of discrete risk interventions and embedded risk management services
- Demonstrating the delivery of value and reduction of risk exposure through active mitigation of threats and maximisation of opportunities.
- Act as an ambassador for risk management, coaching others in the requirements, processes and benefits of risk management.
Preferred requirements for the role:
- Degree educated with significant risk management experience, including evidence of delivery of major programmes within the Infrastructure sector, specifically Rail.
- Member of or working towards relevant professional certification, such as APM Risk Certificate, IRM Certificate
- Experience in the application of Quantitative Risk Analysis (QRA) techniques and tools, for example; Risk and Primavera Risk Analysis (previously Pertmaster), including the analysis of complex logic-linked cost-loaded schedules.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Risk Management tools, for example; Active Risk Manager (ARM), Predict!.
- Proven experience in the delivery of risk throughout the project lifecycle including support of investment decisions and delivery/implementation phases.
- Understanding of construction contracts and the relationship between risk management and controls/management functions including: project management, change control, planning & scheduling, cost & commercial management and reporting.
- Evidence of previous experience in definition and delivery of risk management plans within projects.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and facilitation skills.
- Collaborative working style and consulting behaviours.
- A logical approach and ability to think through complex issues to co-ordinate multi-faceted aspects of projects
- Self-motivated and proactive, with the ability to work independently
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Infrastructure
- Video: engineering jobs on HS2
In this video, Graham Day shares what HS2 can do for your career and why you should want to work on the project.
- UK government commits to £22 million Construction Skills Fund
To meet the growing demand for construction professionals, the UK government has invested £22 million in a Construction Skil...