- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
PCB Design Engineer
Our client are a leading design er and manufacturer of marine electronic systems such as Radar and and electronics chart screens. They are seeking an experienced PCB design engineer to join their growing team.
- Primarily to generate Complex multilayer PCB designs to agreed timescales
- Creating new schematic symbols, PCB footprints and parts library entries using Altium
- Creating mechanical 3D models to match the Altium footprint
- To generate Manufacturing documentation for PCB and Assembly processes
- Liaise with mechanical designers to ensure smooth interfacing of STEP data between Altium and Solidworks
- Liaise with Electronic Engineers to ensure design constraints are met
- Arrange data transfer to PCB manufacturers and assemblers
- Complete design by archiving PCB data
- Support the Team leader and other PCB designers in their duties
- An in-depth knowledge of Altium Designer is preffered but not essential - other design packages will be considered.
- Have a proven track record in PCB design
- A knowledge of electronics and mechanical engineering
- Layout experience in:
- Multi-layer designs (2-12 layer)
- Blind, Buried vias and Microvia
- Routing of HDI technology (down to 0.4 pitch BGAs)
- Routing of Highspeed memory DDR3/4, Impedance control - Ethernet, digital video, USB etc
- High voltage clearances, Switch mode Power supplies, Power planes and heat distribution
- Flexible circuit design
- RF design layout
- Layer stack design for impedance and good manufacturing practices
- Design for manufacture including an in depth understanding of PCB manufacture and PCB component assembly
- EMC design best practice
- The ability to work and react to tight timescales
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Design Engineer
- Wylfa Newydd power station to create thousands of new jobs
What job opportunities could the Wylfa Newydd nuclear plant offer engineers?
- Rail jobs on the rise for engineers considering working on HS2
The new vision for a £286m revamp of Birmingham International station has been unveiled and it promises thousands of job opp...