- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client, one on the Enabling Works Joint Ventures for Phase 1 of HS2 are looking for experienced Ecologists to based in Birmingham to support their work on HS2, initially on a 12 month contract basis.
Description of Activities to be undertaken
- The Ecologist will provide ecological support to the wider team and have responsibilities under the Area Wide Environmental work package.
- The Ecologist will be responsible for the creation of mitigation methodologies for various protected species including Badger, Bat, Great Crested Newt (GCN) and Barn Owl.
- Coordinate ecological mitigation and completion of licence applications.
- Oversee and co-ordinate the implementation of mitigation programs.
- Manage and co-ordinate ecological survey data and liaise with Area Wide Ecological Survey team.
- Ecological support to general/other Work Packages
- To fulfil the role of Ecological support and provide assurance and ensure compliance with relevant Technical Standards.
Minimum Qualifications Needed for Role
- Ecologist with experience of working on design and construction phases of large-scale linear infrastructure projects.
- Experience of implementing ecological mitigation and preparation of licence applications.
- Experience in coordinating subcontractors and teams of ecologists
- Experience in the planning process and dealing with local authorities
- Experience of working on complicated ecological survey and mitigation schemes
- Protected species licences - GCN, Badger, Bat or Schedule 1 species
- Chartered or member of relevant ecological/environmental institute e.g. CIEEM, IEMA or CIWEM
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.