- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Composite Design Engineer
We are currently recruiting for a Composite Design Engineer for our client in Bristol.
The company are making a personal electric aircraft.
The successful candidate should have a minimum of 4 years of experience with a fundamental knowledge of composite structures - with an awareness of manufacturing techniques - and has seen designs all the way through from concept to manufacture.
Duties will be wide ranging and varied and will include:
- Work closely with the Senior Composite Stress engineer to develop prototype and production designs in line with programme requirements.
- Releasing drawings of composite and metallic structure to aerospace standards allowing manufacturers to produce the parts efficiently.
- Assist in defining the most effective way to meet the Means of Compliance standards required by the authorities in terms of Time, Cost and Quality.
- Assist in the management of suppliers delivering components or systems to the project.
- Generating alternate proposals when required.
- Assist with the build and fault-finding of the project.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Aerospace, Motorsport, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Good fundamental knowledge of Aircraft Structures.
- Hands on experience of developing and building composite structure to a given standard.
- Proven experience of designing from concept to manufacture of light weight composite structure in a regulatory environment.
- Detailed understanding of composite design using multiple materials and methods.
- Experience and proficiency of at least one current CAD package (Solidworks preferred).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.