- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior/Principal Mechanical Engineer
My client, a growing design consultancy in Twyford, are looking to expand their Mechanical Design team. This is an exciting time to join this company with new design projects starting frequently.
Purpose and Role
Responsible for the successful execution of design engineering projects, technical tender preparations and tender design estimates to schedule and within budget. Additionally, with the Engineering Manager, responsible for the management, development and recruitment of the Company's engineering resource.
Key Aims and Objectives
- To lead and progress the technical delivery of engineering projects, as allocated
- To technically support the Commercial Department
- To produce engineering designs and associated engineering documents
- Development of the engineering resource
- Peer review of engineering output
Prime Responsibilites and Duties
Day to day management of the technical aspects of allocated projects working with a team of engineers or as an individual. Work should be carried out with minimal to no supervision, but with regular consultation with the Head of Department
Day to day tasking of any allocated engineers
Analyse and understand technical tender specifications, producing the technical aspects of tender returns and creating accurate tender design estimates
Peer review of concept designs, 3D CAD scheme designs, detailed manufacturing drawings and design substantiation by hand calculations.
Substantiation (by hand calculation) of engineering designs
Development of the engineering resource, development and implementation of internship and apprenticeship programmes
Production of concept designs, full 3D scheme design and 2D detail design for manufacture within SolidWorks all within the required timescales
Assist in general clerical and administrative duties to ensure the smooth running of the Engineering Department.
- Demonstrable track record in engineering design using SolidWorks or similar 3D CAD
- Technical and commercial acumen
- Very strong mechanical engineering (or similar) background
- Exposure to, and understanding of, a wide range of manufacturing processes
- Minimum of a Degree, HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Chartered Engineer IMechE preferred
- Significant experience and references in engineering design activities in a highly regulated environment
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.