- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Our client is a successful and growing engineering company who design a range of equipment and machinery. They are looking for a Design Engineer to join their business.
The Design Engineer will be developing technical solutions that meet customer's expectation. Through discussions and meetings with the customer, develop an understanding of their requirements. Working with internal specialists within the company and their strategic supplier partners develop and create technical solutions to meet these requirements and exceed the customers' expectations.
- Development of creative technical solutions.
- Developing a thorough understanding of the customers' technical requirements and business expectations.
- Investigating new technologies.
- Liaising with relevant suppliers to support the proposed technical solution.
- Ensure that all technical aspects of the concept and proposed solution are achievable.
- Research and attain an understanding of developing technologies to best support future development.
- Attend meetings with customers and suppliers, where and when needed.
Skills and Experience
* A Degree in Design or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience in industry.
* Experience designing moving mechanical parts and assemblies. An understanding of robotics, automation, or industrial systems would be a benefit.
* Designing for a range of different materials
* 3D CAD experience
* Experience with creating drawings and design
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Design Engineer
- Wylfa Newydd power station to create thousands of new jobs
What job opportunities could the Wylfa Newydd nuclear plant offer engineers?
- Rail jobs on the rise for engineers considering working on HS2
The new vision for a £286m revamp of Birmingham International station has been unveiled and it promises thousands of job opp...