- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Our market-leading client involved with Antenna Systems have an opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Engineer with a design background at their Newmarket facility.
Our market-leading client are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to be responsible to the Engineering Operations Manager for technical capability of the Mechanical Design team at their Newmarket facility. The Senior Mechanical Engineer will provide engineering direction and support to the Engineering teams and will also be the technical focal point for both internal and external customers.
As the Mechanical Design Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Experienced in the design of rapid turnaround, medium volume products.
- Experience of using either or both 2D or 3D CAD packages (preferably Autocad & Solidworks).
- Experience of working within a Drawing Office environment
- A broad understanding of medium volume manufacturing processes, materials, treatments and finishes, and their environmental implications
- Experience of designing the mechanical packaging of components for use in harsh environments.
- A proven ability to support change within an organisation
- Hands on experience in an engineering / manufacturing environment
As the Mechanical Design Engineer your main responsibilities will be to provide:
- Technical direction of the mechanical Design team at Newmarket
- Undertake mechanical Engineering tasks including conceptual and detailed designs, calculations and simulations.
- Support Production Engineering in resolution of design problems
- Technical review and guidance for all programme technical deliverables including proposals and bids for new opportunities.
- Technical review of mechanical designs and drawings
- Continuous improvement of processes and tools; support to corporate change initiatives
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.