- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Project Manager - Electrical
Matchtech's client is seeking a 'Project Manager - Electrical' to join their team at Heysham Nuclear Power Station.
This Project Manager post is required to support works undertaken across a range of projects being delivered by Investment Delivery at Heysham 2 nuclear power station. The station has a diverse projects portfolio covering mechanical, civil, electrical and C&I works.
The candidate should have a proven track record of working with teams in complex brown field environments, where the focus is on safe and effective delivery. We are particularly interested in individuals with nuclear experience who have been involved in delivering multi-disciplined projects that include Civil, Electrical, Mechanical C&I, works.
- deliver allocated projects through the full project lifecycle
- maintain monthly reporting and accounting for allocated projects
- carry out project concept development and establish project teams
- develop execution strategies for project delivery including design, procurement, construction and commissioning
- Management of stakeholders to ensure well-co-ordinated project delivery
- Minimum HNC (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering discipline, candidates with a relevant degree may have an advantage
- Experience of modern project management techniques within complex, multi-functional organisations
- Membership of APM and formal Project Management qualification is required
- Relevant experience of power generation or process plant involving design and installation of equipment in a brown field environment
- Experience of working on nuclear sites and/or knowledge of equivalent environments/processes
- Experience of project management techniques including Gated Processes and Earned Value reporting
- Experience of working in a complex technical environment and appreciation of safety case and operational aspects of high integrity equipment
- Knowledge of health and safety issues in an industrial environment and experience in the controls required
- Focus on achieving fit for purpose engineering solutions and a positive 'can do' approach to delivery of projects
- Good communication skills and ability to negotiate and influence others including building and maintaining effective relationships with multiple stakeholders
- CTC or SC level security clearance (must be willing to go through clearance process if no clearance held at time of application, be capable of obtaining a full Security Clearance).
- Must recognise the importance of nuclear safety and zero harm
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.