- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Stream Finish Operator
We are seeking a Heat Treatment Setter/Operator, to increase our capability in this area due to the creation of a low volume production cell.
- To set and operate an SF3 Stream finishing machine to achieve specific surface finish requirements on transmission components.
- To operate and maintain aqua blast and rumbling equipment.
- To load and unload furnaces when required.
- Machining of aerospace and transmission components to ensure parts are to drawing and of an acceptable standard.
- Qualified to a respectable Level.
- The use of a variety of inspection equipment, to determine surface finish.
- Application of paint stop off compounds on selected components after in house training.
- Provide cover and support to the steel stores moving and storing of steel bars and the use of automated saws.
- Must be vigilant and diligent, with a good attention to detail, and able to maintain high standards of work.
- To understand and interpret requirements accurately, by effective questioning, listening, clarification and implementing of information.
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written) in order to liaise with colleagues.
- Use of literacy skills to complete route cards, records, etc.
- To have basic PC skills to ensure electronic system is kept up to date.
- An industrious and enquiring individual working alone or as part of a team, without direct supervision
- A willingness to learn new skills and advance their potential to becoming a competent and flexible member of the manufacturing team, and progress continuous improvement.
- Must proven skills within an engineering environment and use of stream or drag finishing machines would be advantageous.
The position will require candidates to work on a night shift. The position will be weekday nights whilst training, following this candidates will be moved onto a weekend night shift.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Automotive
- Why the automotive industry needs more electrical engineers
As the focus of automotive companies turns towards the production of electric vehicles, the demand for electrical engineers...