- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our world-leading defence client requires two Systems Engineers to join on a contract basis at their site in Portsmouth.
This is a lead technical role within the Spearfish Upgrade (SFU) Safety Electronics Unit (SEU) Delivery Team.
Requires a depth and breadth of expertise gained through substantial work experience in order to apply principles and concepts to complex engineering problems associated with the Underwater Weapons domain.
The role holder will be required to design and develop solutions, resolve engineering issues and problems for a range of situations relating to the team responsibilities for the in-house and subcontract elements of the SEU, culminating in customer acceptance.
- Undertake functional design and/or provide qualification and evidence for acceptance, fitness for purpose, regulatory & legislative requirements, and safety relating to the SEU sub-system.
- Liaise with both internal and external stakeholders as required ensuring that their requirements are adequately supported and that their needs are fully considered and incorporated where appropriate and agreed.
- Conduct technical analysis of engineering data relating to the SEU sub-system to deduce trends, and incorporate output into system design.
- Act as a delegate for the Coordinating Design Authority (CDA) in the event of CDA absence and to provide extra capacity
- Review documentation taking notice of the wider system implications and the impact that this might have on the sub-system
- Attend technical meeting with the Sub-contractor
- Attend technical forums relating to the SEU sub-system and respond to technical queries
- Provide technical direction to other engineers
- Support the development of individuals and teams to enhance skills and competencies, such that technical capability is maintained.
- BEng/BSc in a relevant subject.
- CEng or equivalent level of capability.
- Expertise in Systems and Underwater Weapons knowledge, with a strong ability in requirements management and customer acceptance.
- Experience of Doors Database Management
- The role holder will be required to work across disciplines and functions. However, this is primarily a technical role and prior knowledge of the wider business is not critical at the outset.
- Understands how own work activities fit into the UWW team activities.
- Able to demonstrate a high level of technical leadership in defining system and subsystem parameters.
- Should be a self-starter able to work independently and autonomously with a degree of initiative.
- Technical expert for the SEU sub-system.
- Ability to think analytically
- Ability to solve emerging complex and challenging technical problems
- Application of reasoning and original thought when faced with a problem situation
- Concise, logical and accurate communication skills, with attention to detail
- Capable of communicating technical information effectively, both orally and in writing, with colleagues, management, and externally.
- Be comfortable representing BAE Systems both in the supply chain and in the customer community.
- High quality of work output
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.