- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Process Applications Engineer
My client, a leader in refinery and chemicals, is looking for a Process Applications Engineer to join their team in Fawley.
Job Role Summary
You will be responsible for developing on-line control applications to control operation of the process units. You will also be responsible for maintaining product quality and to maximise productivity. You will work with a small team of 6 engineers if successful. This is part of the larger deoartment which comprises of approximately 100 multidisciplinary engineers and technicians, and provides technical support across the Fawley refining and petrochemical facility.
- Provide technical support to the Operations Department on process optimisation issues.
- Work closely with Process Technical teams to provide on-line control and optimisation applications consistent with unit economics, production targets and operating limits.
- Provide support/training to the Operations Teams
- Develop continuous improvements to operator tools to support safe and effective operation of the process units.
- Engineering degree in chemical engineering (or an equivalent subject).
- Be, or be working towards being, a Chartered Engineer
- Have relevant experience developing and modifying on-line process control applications, preferably in a refining or petrochemical environment.
- Have strong IT skills - including Excel and Word.
- Hydrocarbon processing in a refining and / or petrochemical environment
- Experienced in use of simulation tools (PRO-II or equivalent) for process optimisation and Honeywell DCS TDC2000 including CL, AM, and HPM and Experion.
- An in depth knowledge of refining and petrochemical processes is preferred, but training will be provided. Candidates whose experience is predominantly with Process Control Systems e.g. Honeywell Experion are advised to register interest for future Process Control Systems Engineer vacancies, rather than apply for this position.
- Have a range of personal effectiveness/leadership skills
- Ability to facilitate and influence business decisions in a team environment.
MIT: Process automation, DCS (Honeywell preffered)
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.