- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Lead Systems Engineer
My client, a global specialist in energy management and automation, is looking for a Lead Systems Engineer to join their Process Automation team in Coventry.
Main purpose of the role:
- You will be responsible for the technical delivery of solutions within the project delivery teams.
This role will be based mainly in Coventry with the expectation to travel to customer sites or one of the other Process Automation offices (in Crawley or Warrington).
- Take the lead role for the provision and delivery of technical solutions (time, quality and budget.)
- Take responsibility for timely reporting of issues, progress and resolutions on matter relating to the project.
- Undertak4 multi-disciplinary roles required throughout the full project lifecycle including both office and customer site based.
- Identify and assess project risks and issues
- Identify and capitalise on project opportunities.
- Liaise and collaborate with customers on engineering matters.
- Supervise and mentor junior engineers to develop their professional skills enabling successful project delivery.
- Liaise and collaborate with other areas of the organisation as required to progress the business.
- Preparation and approval of all required system documentation.
Qualifications and experience:
- Experience working with SCADA, ideally ClearSCADA.
- Experience making alterations to existing systems.
- Demonstration of leading a team.
- Designing and programming control systems from scratch.
- You should have the ability to work in a team environment
- Be Mmthodical
- Show excellent attention to detail
- Have great interpersonal and communication skills
- Be able to work well under pressure and be self-motivated
- Flexible and able to work from both company and customer sites as required.
- Annual bonus
- Life assurance
- 28 days' annual leave, plus Bank Holidays
- Progression opportunities
MIT: SCADA and telemetry
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Control & Automation
- Automotive engineers required to pioneer new car safety technology
From automatic braking to lane keep assists, find out how automotive engineers are designing potentially life-saving systems