- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Matchtech's client is seeking a Machinist to join their team in Elland
The main duties of this role is to set and operate a variety of manual and CNC machines and to produce to specification all components as specified by the company, working alone or as part of a small team.
Key Responsibilities and Specific Accountabilities:
- To maintain a proactive approach to Health & Safety and work within all the requirements of the Environment Health and Safety Management System
- Accountable for the delivery of results to time, cost and quality targets.
- Establish the tasks required and how they should be carried out, which may involve the adaptation of existing methods and procedures.
- Participate in both department projects and overall operation projects.
- Improve quality and eliminate errors.
- Maintain operational logs for equipment as necessary.
- Interface with suppliers and manage / maintain supplies of consumable materials related to the area through DLF (Direct Line Feed) or Kanbans.
- Lead or participate in 'Lean' related activities to continually improve the operational effectiveness of the process and areas.
- Lead by example and gain involvement from the team in order to optimise line performance.
- Interface with customer or third party inspectors where required.
- Input data and utilize analysis to improve first time pass yields.
- Develop, maintain and adhere to SOP (Standard Operating Procedures).
- Define, diagnose and solve problems using a logical and disciplined approach (i.e. 8D).
- Ensure all work is carried out in compliance with current H&S rules and safety systems, and is in line with the requirements of the duty of care document.
Education and/or Experience:
- Apprentice-trained with good machine shop experience / ONC, with a minimum of 3 years previous experience of working in a valves & controls manufacturing environment
- Experience of MAZAK and Siemens control systems required
- Computer skills desirable with experience in Excel and Word
- Able and willing to work to flexible schedules / shifts and commit the time required to get the job done
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.