- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Development Control Officer
Our client is looking for a development control officer to join a busy team on a contract basis.
- This role is OUTSIDE IR35
To prepare the highway authority response to larger applications referred to Headquarters. To negotiate contributions and off site highway works for straight forward and assist in doing so for the larger more complicated sites . To advise District Councils on progress and likely response to applications.
Repsponsibilie to provide highway advice on selected planning applications referred to the Council within an agreed time scale.
Responsibility for negotiating innovative section 106 and 278 agreements with developers and consultants on selected applications to ensure the new development is adequately served by all modes of transport.
Desirable role-related knowledge, skills and experience
Min of 1 year experience at the appropriate level in transport planning or transferable skills in other related disciplines.
Planning policy and highway planning knowledge and understanding to enable proper advice to be provided to Local Planning Authorities.
Ability to assess the transport implications of developments and negotiate basic transport improvement packages.
Ability to write and communicate effectively and concisely. Knowledge of basic highway and planning law.
Working conditions - environment, and physical effort or strain
- Mainly office based - some physical effort or strain
- Occasional outdoor work/ visits to live highways and construction sites
- Working outside normal office hours on occasion for consultation meetings in particular
- Lone Working
- Personal Protective Equipment including Body & Legs (Reflective and fluorescent coat for outdoor activities)
- Ability to fulfil the travel requirements of the role.
- 37.5 hours a week
- Monday to Friday
- Flexible working available.
- A willingness to occasionally work outside of 'normal' office hours if required.
- Overtime occasionally available depending on workloads.
- Weekly pay
How to Apply or for more Information:
3 simple ways to apply or get in touch:
- Apply directly online via the Matchtech website
- Call Sam White directly on 01489898241
- Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Matchtech are the largest and leading Highways and Transportation Recruitment Company in the UK.
If you have the correct experience for this type of position but this specific role is not quite right for you, as the level, location or rates etc. is it not quite what you are looking for a present, please still feel free to get in touch with me as I continually recruit similar roles to the one above at all levels across the UK.
Alternatively if are not suitable for this role but still work within the Highways and Transportation industry and believe you will be looking for a new role in the future please give me a call for a confidential chat regarding your employment status.
To apply for these roles, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.