- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client, one of the UK's leading research and technologies organisations, are currently looking for an experienced Tooling Engineer to join them on a long-term contract based out of their site in Bristol.
- To deliver tooling designs, manufacturing process flows and manufacturing processes in line with project requirements. You will utilise research to design and implement project plans, develop novel technology processes and create demonstrators of our manufacturing capability in line with customer needs.
- To drive focus towards process innovation involving cross-discipline working across internal and external projects.
- Carry out literature reviews to benchmark existing composite technologies and techniques.
- Use an innovative approach to investigate, evaluate and develop composite tooling technology and processes.
- Provide technical support and develop technical project plans including factors such as timescales, tooling requirements and resource availability with the support of the Engineering Capability Manager and Technology Programme Manager.
- Combine industry and academic programmes to deliver project solutions.
- Liaise with a variety of disciplines within the NCC to progress your project.
- Arrange and book equipment in line with your project's needs.
- Drive excellent working processes.
- Delivery to projects in line with internal and external customer's expectations.
- Provide and present high quality project progress reports to customers including presentations and technical reports.
- CATIA V5.
- Demonstrable ability to visualise the "design for manufacture" lifecycle.
- Experience of working closely with customers and the ability to build relationships with customers.
- Experience of carrying out composite research programmes in a multi-discipline environment.
- Experience of detailed planning of your own research, with the ability to follow through a Design-Make strategy.
- Working knowledge of Composite part production.
- Exposure to NC programming.
- Proven ability to produce high quality technical project plans.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office - particularly Project and PowerPoint.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.