- Hiring hub
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client, one of the UK's leading supplier of products to the Aerospace industry, are currenty lookig for a team of Design Engineers to join them on contract out of their offices in Cwmbran, South Wales.
- Responsible for the design and detail modeling of a variety of suite components in order to meet programme requirements.
- Produce designs to meet specified cost/weight targets.
- Design Engineers will be expected to communicate effectively and professionally with customers and suppliers.
- Participate in Design Reviews throughout each phase of the New Product Introduction process.
- The selection and application of materials and processes appropriate to each design element.
- Ensure the successful integration of each design element within the product as a whole.
- Check engineering packages.
- Participate in the validation of the product (using such methods as prototyping, test, DFMEA).
- Follow and contribute to the development of the Best Practice guidelines.
- From time to time, Design Engineers must be prepared to undertake tasks outside of their normal duties as requested by their immediate supervisors.
- Proven track record in Design Engineering using CATIA V5
- Understanding of the effective application of tolerances and a working knowledge of different manufacturing processes
- Aircraft/Automotive interiors or seating experience would be an advantage but not essential - however a backgound in Aerospace, Automotive or a similar engineering sector is required.
- Preferred candidates will have backgroundw with composite or mechanism design - however candidates with an Automotive interior and trim background would be ideal too.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Aerospace
- New investment sees UK aerospace sector reach greater and greener heights
The UK aerospace sector is reaching new and exciting heights, thanks to a significant investment to help transform the futur...