- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client are at the cutting edge of safety critical software development. They are seeking experienced software engineers keen to progress their skills and careers.
Typical application domains include air traffic control systems, civil nuclear, and defence systems. The tasks and responsibilities of the roles will cover all aspects of the software life-cycle, and subject to competency and experience, could include any or all of the following:
- Producing software development plans, typically reflecting rigorous and disciplined development processes
- Writing requirements specifications
- Defining software architectures
- Developing detailed designs
- Implementing designs
- Producing assurance plans - including balancing static and dynamic analysis solutions to implement cost-effective assurance regimes
- Producing test management plans
- Developing test environments
- Developing and executing test specifications
- Supporting safety engineers in the development of evidence for software safety cases
- Contributing to technical content, for sales proposals
Qualification and Education:
- Degree qualified in an engineering discipline - or significant industrial experience
- Relevant engineering disciplines could include systems engineering, maths, physics, and software engineering.
- Consistent in-service training demonstrating a professional approach to maintenance of skills
- Membership of a relevant professional institution with chartered status is desirable but not essential.
Skills and Requirements:
The candidate will:
- Have a high degree of interpersonal skills. You will have demonstrated your ability, and you will have the capability to represent the business to clients and to the wider technical community, including interfacing with senior representatives of those organisations.
- Candidates will be able to demonstrate their commitment to quality and outstanding results
- Have a strong mathematical background and ideally some prior experience with software engineering / coding.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.