- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Junior Mechancial Design Engineer
We are keen to hear from Junior Mechanical Design Engineers, keen to join a fast growing and reputable Maritime consultancy. The below is a guide to what would be expected but training and development will be provided.
As Junior mechanical Design Engineer you will provide a skilled contribution to the design work for assigned projects within the company and maintaining the technical requirements and the standard of deliverables required for our Mechanical Engineering discipline.
this opportunity is to join one of the world's largest independent design consultancies offering a vast portfolio of services for advanced and specialised ships and boats, from initial concept to detailed design. With an established background in numerous marine vessel disciplines to include commercial and leisure.
- Self-motivation and time management to meet agreed targets and deliverables deadlines.
- Good communication skills, with the ability to work in close collaboration with colleagues across all disciplines.
- Commercial awareness, with the ability to ensure that works are being carried out and completed to an appropriate standard and level of detail.
- Advanced skill level in 2D CAD (AutoCAD) to produce design information.
- Experienced skill level in 3D CAD (Rhino) to develop and reference design information.
- Experienced skill level in MS Office to develop reports, spreadsheet data and presentation information.
- Knowledge of other specialist software (Shipconstructor and other production packages) is an advantage.
- The ability to undertake basic ship design calculations is an advantage.
- Systems and pipework modelling and draughting experience is an advantage.
- Experience of shipyard construction and systems detailing is an advantage.
- Experience of marine vessels.
- Full European driving license and passport.
Please call for an informal discussion 01489 898 156 Email: Georgina.firstname.lastname@example.org
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Design Engineer
- Wylfa Newydd power station to create thousands of new jobs
What job opportunities could the Wylfa Newydd nuclear plant offer engineers?
- Rail jobs on the rise for engineers considering working on HS2
The new vision for a £286m revamp of Birmingham International station has been unveiled and it promises thousands of job opp...