- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
We are looking for an experienced mechanical engineer ideally with wide ranging experience working across electromechanical, hydromechanical and mechanical mechanism, fixture and system design.
This person with be responsible for the development of wide range light weight bespoke marine systems including general system layout, bearing and gear box design, actuation systems and hydraulic componentry
Responsibilities will include:
* Speciation Development: Working closely with the control/systems, performance and design engineering in the creation of design specifications ensuring system and product feasibility
* Design Development: Design of light weight mechanical and electro mechanical systems in Siemens NX with from the product from concept though to manufacturing release. Ensuring suitability of mechanical systems within master model environment with also be key.
* Engineering: Self sufficient applying principles of mechanics, hydraulics, and materials, basic load case development, both hand sizing calculations and detailed stress analysis though the use finite element methods. (with additional support provided by specialist structural analysts where required)
* Management of engineering releases and Bill of Materials, Support the procurement process
* Test plan development and testing, including FMEA
We are looking for an experienced, intelligent, professional engineer, with particular attention to the following personal attributes:
* Intelligent and technically sharp - high grade Engineering degree or similar level qualification from a reputable university.
o 3+ years experience in as a mechanical engineered in a performance driven sector, marine experience is not required
o Experienced Parametric modeller- in Siemens NX is preferred
o Experience in the use of Finite Element Analysis codes as part of normal working practice (NX Nastran ideally)
o Proven track record taking designs from concept to delivery
o Experience in topological optimisation and/or control engineering will be a plus
If you could be interested or know anyone whom may be suitable please give me a call on 01489898185 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Mechanical Engineer
- Heathrow expansion promises job opportunities for engineers
After the cabinet backed the plans for a third runway at Heathrow, we look at the job opportunities the expansion will creat...
- Wylfa Newydd power station to create thousands of new jobs
What job opportunities could the Wylfa Newydd nuclear plant offer engineers?