- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Our client is a successful manufacturing company who are looking for an Engineering Technician / Graduate Engineer to join their business.
This is a great opportunity for a Engineering Graduate or a candidate who has experience working with test equipment in a lab environment.
- Review job request, relevant MSDS and fully understand requirements in accordance with laboratory SOPs.
- Determine availability of required equipment and materials - prepare or order required materials.
- Review timelines and discuss schedule conflicts or modifications with laboratory management (and project manager, where necessary).
- Document preparation appropriately using datasheets or laboratory notebooks.
- Assemble test apparatus.
- Correctly operate, understand and be able to troubleshoot all equipment/instrumentation necessary to support testing.
- Perform test work according to laboratory request requirements. Record raw data directly onto datasheets or into laboratory notebook. Immediately notify laboratory management of any test delays, problems or deviations
- Disassemble and clean test equipment and work area.
- Record any remaining test information.
- Understand how various laboratory systems (including purchasing, calibration, materials inventory) are maintained.
- Assist with general laboratory housekeeping
- Attend training courses as required
- Follow assigned work schedule and meet expected target dates
Skills and Experience
- Engineering Graduate or HNC/HND level with relevant work experience
- Knowledge of fundamental laboratory techniques and measurement methods
- Practical ability to perform test work and execute work instruction
- Good written and verbal communication
- Conversant with PC based programmes
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.