- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Interim Development Manager
Our Surrey based LPA client is looking for an interim DM Manager for a minimum of three months.
Key accountabilities of the role:
- To be responsible to the Head of Planning Services for the operational management of the Development Management function of the Council with the aim of delivering development schemes that meet Council Policy objectives.
- Provide advice and guidance equitably to the Council.
- Communicate effectively with the Council, the community and work colleagues.
- Ensure the effective motivation, performance and training and development of staff and promote harmonious industrial relations.
- Keep abreast of economic, legislative and social development affecting Local
- Government in general and their work area in particular.
- Monitor service provision and undertake any relevant research and analysis required.
- Attend, as required, meetings of the Council, Committees, Working Parties and outside bodies.
- Develop performance targets for the service and ensure that they are monitored and achieved.
- Achieve equality of opportunity for all employees and to implement and promote equality policies in all areas of work including attending training as appropriate.
- Provide a healthy and safe working environment and implement and promote policies in all areas of their work including attending training as appropriate.
- Maintain professional development (CPD)
The succssful candidate will have day-to-day responsibility for the Development Management service, including:
- Pre-application and Information services.
- The processing of planning and other applications.
- The management of appeals against decisions of the Council.
- The investigation and implementation of planning enforcement.
- The servicing and advice to the Council's Planning Committees.
- Performance Management.
- Staff development including appraisals.
- Contributing to the Service's management team.
- This contract will run for an initial three months and may extend. Rates will range between £300 to £450 per day.
The client is intending to interview on 11th July.
To apply, or for more information, please call Daniel Baker on 01489 898 975 or apply via this advert.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.