- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client are a leading defence communication systems business currently seeking an experienced test engineer to join them in their Basingstoke offices.
- Production Test Support.
- Support test on problems too complex for production tester.
- Analyse test problems and inform the project test engineer when a design problem exists.
- Develop / prove test rigs, fixtures plus associated automatic test equipment and control software.
- Control and issue all chemical substances within the Operations facility, ensuring that COSHH regulations are adhered to.
- Test / repair military airborne radios and keep precise records of all repairs.
- Assist others in the department when needed.
- Special Test Equipment - Prepare schematic; design; order parts; fabricate; prototype wire; and checkout test equipment and test fixtures used in production test to functionally check the product.
- Test Procedures - Write production test procedures from engineering specifications to assure that the product is being adequately tested in every parameter required.
- Assembly - Performs assembly/test/repair of highly complex assemblies used in military communications.
- Administrative - Assists on cost reduction and records to identify problem areas in test.
- Conduct system acceptance and/or qualification and/or type test.
Experience Required --
- Strong experience of electronics test engineering ideally including test of RF systems.
- Requires a comprehensive knowledge of electronic products including some mechanical understanding.
- A working knowledge of PC operating system (NT4, Win2K, XP), Networking (TCP/IP), ATE s/w control (GRIP, Visual Basic, SQL).
- Good numerical and mathematical skill is required as well as an ability to analyse / debug Automated Test Equipment code.
- Requires ability to communicate well with others, at all levels.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.