- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Senior Through Life Engineer
This is the opportunity to join a highly established Engineering Company as a Through Life Engineer who will join the Electronics and Electrical team.
The Through Life Engineering team are responsible for an electrical and electronics. A Through Life Engineer will support in service equipment, you will understand electronic circuit designs to implement design changes/modifications, upkeep of reference systems and resolve obsolescence issue throughout the life cycle of the product either alone on a small project or as part of a larger project team
You will work on a wide variety of equipment that are currently in service with a wide variety of customers worldwide in both the Military and civilian domain. Engineers within the department may get involved in the process of further development and future bids.
Responsible for achieving assigned engineering tasks and ensuring that contractual commitments are maintained in support of customer KPI's. To support the engineering function in order that both project and statutory requirements are met and to improve the effectiveness of the Through Life Engineering function within the company.
- The investigation of faults and fault finding.
- Integration of electronic products manufactured by the company
- Writing technical reports, specifications and test procedures.
- Provide technical advice to customer or field service engineers via e-mail / telephone.
- Attending Operational Defects (OPDEFs) meetings.
- The management of reference systems.
- Representing the Company in meetings (Internal and External) and providing minutes as appropriate.
- The provision of practical Engineering Support to other activities within the business.
- Instil Engineering best practices and processes to enhance engineering excellence and promote continuous improvement
- Providing regular and clear technical progress reports to project management.
- Acting as a team player who recognises impact of own performance and behaviour in the wider team.
- Providing a positive image of the company when meeting customers.
- Mentor, Motivate and encourage junior members of the team, to allow their competency level to improve.
- Required to take responsibility as team lead for installation of the Business' products.
- Occasional office based with working across all the companies operational sites as required by project demands. Work Away from home for short periods.
- Regular travel within UK and occasionally overseas
- Potential work in confined spaces as required
- Potential in both extreme hot/humid climates and cold weather environments.
- On the odd occasion may be required to work unsociable hours to meet Project Timescales / Customer Satisfaction.
All applicants must be able to obtain security clearance.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.