- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Design Engineer
Our key client that specialises in first class, business class and premium economy interiors for commercial aircraft currently have an opportunity for a Senior Design Engineer at their site in Cwmbran, South Wales.
To provide technical guidance and manage a team that will produce design schemes and detail drawings that meet company, regulatory and customer requirements.
- Manage design engineering platform teams.
- Manage and deliver design solutions as per agreed schedules and budgets.
- Responsible for checking / approving systems drawings and documents ensuring compliance to OEM's & Regulatory requirements.
- Monitor, manage and meet cost and weight targets
- Responsible for the design and detail modeling of a variety of suite components in order to meet the program requirements
- Report to senior management about the status of the programmes.
- To communicate effectively and professionally with customers, suppliers & OEM's
- Organise Design Reviews throughout each phase of the New Product Introduction process, ensure all necessary follow up actions are taken.
- Provide guidance to ensure that the selection and application of materials and processes are appropriate to each design element
- Self motivated and capable of independent decision making
- Ensure the successful integration of each design element within the product as a whole
- Follow and contribute to the development of the Best Practice guidelines
- Participate in the validation of the product (using such methods as prototyping, test, etc)
- Must have good working knowledge of BMS documents ECR's, Permits, Concessions Etc.
- Mentor Associate / Graduate Engineers.
Experience, Knowledge, Qualifications and Skills
- Experience of managing Design teams responsible for taking design concepts through to fully developed aerospace products
- Supplier / Customer / OEM / EASA / FAA engagement / communication / presentation skills etc....
- BMS Documentation - ECR's / Engineering Change, NOC, RAC, EDES etc ....
- Good understanding of manufacturing processes and design for manufacture and assembly
- CAD Efficiency - Catia, Smarteam, Workflow
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.