- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
An exciting Long-term contract opportunity has arisen for an Electronics Engineer with experience of Electronics development process and PCB Design in the Automotive domain.
Basic role purpose: Candidate with an understanding of automotive electronic design principles who is able to clearly commutate and review vehicle module hardware design.
* Act as technical subject matter expert for a team of component owners developing electronic components. This involves facilitating their understanding and application of the requirements in the GRADE standard.
* Conduct GRADE design reviews using JLR Electronics Design guidelines (GRADE) ensuring the correct design requirements have been met by the supplier. This will include environmental, packaging, interfaces and design for manufacture factors.
* To be able to manage, and administrate their own workload and learning.
* To be able to review schematics, PCB layouts, technical data sheets and design calculation.
* Understanding of high volume, high reliability of PCB manufactureand assembly processes.
* Engage, prior to supplier nomination with expert skills to select the best technical solution.
* Intensively review electronic circuits, PCB layouts, packaging and system around the component.
* Provide technical leadership to troubleshoot component and system issues.
* To keep ahead of new technologies and processes surrounding electronics design & manufacture.
* Help upskill and promote good electronic design skills around component areas
Job Specific Skills and Experience
Essential basic role:
* Must have a degree in electronics or alternative technical qualifications
* Must have experience of microcontroller based electronics projects (especially automotive)
* A knowledge of automotive vehicle networks
* Experience of developing high volume products from concept to production
* Key practitioner in problem solving techniques (eg:six-sigma)
* Understanding of DFMEA, PFMEA
Essential advanced role:
* As above, plus:
* Must have strong, applied skills in automotive electronic hardware design.
* Must have at least 3 years experience in developing and delivering automotive electronic product or other equivalent experience
* Must be able to examine a proposed circuit design and layout, and identify potential issues which may affect reliability, robustness and EMC.
* Must have excellent interpersonal skills and can clearly articulate technical issues to all levels
* Must have high levels of integrity and self discipline, to ensure that issues are resolved in a timely manner.
* Have a good understanding of most of the following: Power supply topologies, interfacing to microcontrollers, power switching, analogue design, digital circuits, EMC, stability analysis, vehicle network hardware, RF design, vehicle traction electronics, IGBTs.
Processes, systems and tools
-Simulation and analysis of electronic circuits
-MATLAB, MathCAD, LTSpice
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Automotive
- Why the automotive industry needs more electrical engineers
As the focus of automotive companies turns towards the production of electric vehicles, the demand for electrical engineers...
- Automotive engineers required to pioneer new car safety technology
From automatic braking to lane keep assists, find out how automotive engineers are designing potentially life-saving systems