- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Team Lead - Systems Engineering
This is an immediate start for a Team Lead to join an established company to work across the Electronics and System Functions.
As a Team Leader you will have experience across Electronics and Systems, you will manage and develop the engineering resources and deliver its strategic objectives while implementing best engineering practices. You will have Systems engineering experience to conduct systems engineering activities, either alone on a small project or as part of a larger project team, adhering to Engineering Function processes or project specific tailoring of those processes.
You will be managing a team, of around 4-6 direct reports.
- Line management responsibilities, along with communication with Engineering Managers, Capability Managers and other stakeholders.
- Managing a team within a functional group, its resources, knowledge, skills, processes, procedures and tools to align with the current and future needs of the business.
- Understanding and supporting project, department and team objectives.
- Supporting the Functional Team Lead with recruitment for the team.
- Assessment and planning of skills mix and staff flexibility within the team.
- Staff development and contribution towards functional training plans.
- Promoting positive behaviours and a positive vision of the company to the team.
- Identifying the need for new/additional tools and equipment (hardware and software) with allocated owners.
- Support review and updates of the company's processes and procedures for the allocated function.
- Implementing engineering processes and supporting the development of best practice.
- Maintaining knowledge of relevant legislation and industry best practice as relevant to the team's activities.
- Provide input into the strategic plans for the longer term development of the function.
- Delivering allocated tasks within budget and to timescales as agreed with the project management team.
- Conducting Systems Engineer tasks throughout the systems lifecycle consisting of:
- System testing and reporting, Configuration and Data Management
- Training and Development.
- Supporting the safety verification process as required;
- Support planning through input to project schedule by estimating tasks and adhere to agreed estimates/timescales.
- Supports Bids by providing input on technical solutions, estimates and plans.
- Generating, understanding and reviewing user requirements documentation;
- Writing the project System Requirements Specifications;
- Developing and documenting the System architecture;
- Developing and documenting the systems design through System Design Specifications and Interface Specifications;
- Defining the system's sub-systems and their requirements including hardware and software;
- Developing and continually refining the system acceptance strategy, and verification method for each system requirement (incl. Acceptance Management Plan);
- Ensuring the specification, design and acceptance are fully traceable;
- Leading with system testing;
- Deriving, defining and documenting testing:
- Conducting integration testing;
- Conducting system testing (informal and formal);
All applicants must be able to obtain security clearance.
There may be some additional travel to company sites.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.